Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patient RightsScenic Rivers Health Services is dedicated to treating each patient who receives services at any of our clinics with dignity, respect and compassion. Scenic Rivers is committed to honoring patient's rights when receiving health care services.
Scenic Rivers also has a right to expect reasonable and responsible behavior from their patients.
Access to Care
Scenic Rivers Health Services provides a wide variety of medical, dental, and behavioral health care across nine clinic sites as well as 24/7 emergency room care through our associated critical access hospitals in Bigfork and Cook, Minnesota. Scenic Rivers provides care to all people regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and regardless of patient’s ability to pay for services. Scenic Rivers Health Services also strives to provide continuity of care. We recommend that patients choose to see one primary care provider, who will then work with a team of healthcare professionals to get to know each patient and put the patient in the center of their care.
Quality and Compassionate Care
It is the mission of Scenic Rivers Health Services to "Provide Quality and Compassionate Care For Every Patient At Every Visit”. Patients have the right to be treated kindly and compassionately by all staff members throughout their clinic visit.
Scenic Rivers Health Services staff respects the privacy of all patients. Under no circumstance is patient information released without the patient’s signed consent, except when required by law. Attached is a copy of Scenic Rivers Health Services “Notice of Practice Privacy” which outlines how medical information is disclosed and a patient’s rights based on HIPAA requirements. Click here for our Notice of Practice Privacy
- Present 15 minutes early for all scheduled appointments to complete any necessary registration processes
- Present with all prescription medications in their bottles or an accurate list of medications you are currently taking
- Provide your provider with accurate information about your health history
- Call within 24 hours of scheduled appointments if it is necessary to change or cancel an appointment
- Treat staff and providers with respect and courtesy